SPOOF WARNING.

ASH

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
No
Ok boys and girls, just another eBay warning. I bit on a Canon 5D with a 24-105 lens on the Canon outlet site on eBay, but was out bid. Then yesterday I received three emails, two that look like they were from eBay with a second chance offer. (As you know you get one of theses if the highest bidder pulls out) and one from someone @ yahoo.com. Again offering me a second chance offer. I found a customer service phone number on the canon outlet site and they have told me that the emails are spoof and that they have had a lot of them lately. So just be careful guys.

Thanks for the headsup mate.

At one time these spoof emails were easy to spot. Now they're getting harder and harder to spot.

Regards

Hi Marcel, yeah the frightening thing is that the scammers are targeting genuine sites like the Canon outlet site. So your never sure who your sending your money to. If you or anyone would like to see the page that looks like it from eBay I can email it to you.

I believe that only genuine ebay messages have your real contact name , the rest / scams just have your ebay name

I always delete ebay emails...anything legitimate goes through ebays message centre ;)

I always delete ebay emails...anything legitimate goes through ebays message centre ;)

Top tip, Same as me, If they are legit read within eBay not via emails..;)

Just a side note to that...If I'm already trading with someone, it's possible they reply to an ebay message that i've sent to them...via their email client.

But it's a simple case of common sense. :)

I was a bit sneaky when I set up my ebay account and used an email address that I only use for certain things. All my spam and spoof stuff comes in addressed to different email addresses so I know without question it's not genuine!

if you aren't sure you can forward the message to spoof@ebay.com and they will tell you if it is genuine or not

Yeah done that, but thanks for the tip. Anyone got a 5D for sale?. Not sure on yours though madcap, :D Hope you get the sensor clean mate.

Back