Sport: Golf

Edit My Images
No
Dad asked me to walk around with him today while he played a quick 6-holer. Naturally the D200 and Sigma 100-300 f/4 were slung around the shoulder to take some shots.

It is actually quite difficult. You have to run around to get to the places you need to be and be quite alert as to where the ball lands to plan your next shot.

Anyhow,... here be the results.

GD01.jpg
-
GD02.jpg

GD03.jpg
-
GD04.jpg

GD06.jpg

He actually sunk this last put. Quite impressive.

C&C Welcome!

King.

Some good shots there, it's always difficult to get the timing right, your exposure in #2 is excellent.

Thanks hacker. Timing was a nightmare. I thought the 5fps would churn out some well timed shots but the swing is so quick. I dont even think 10fps would be enough to capture sufficient frames to capture the strike on the ball.

:)

King.

Quite true. I used manual on these apart from one I think. The auto focus let me down on one of the shots I really wanted. It kept picking up the grass,... :doh:

Very nice, really like first and 2nd last.

Thanx for MF tip - we tend to want to do everything on auto nowadays!:bonk:

Good thing a guy named Rob wasn't there with you because I'm sure he would have shot down the Mk III because it's AF can't track the ball flying straight at him :whistle: :boxer: :runaway: and deliver 11/10 sharp images..

:LOL: .

I can quite imagine capturing golfers to be quite hard, however you have done a good job with these. No. 1 is great, I think golf shots looks so much better with the ball in the picture. No. 2 looks like a staged pose to me.
A clear view of the ball and having the entire club in shot would have made No. 3 much better.
No. 4 is great as you have the ball in the air and some sand/dirt being kicked up.
No. 5 has a good background :)

I can quite imagine capturing golfers to be quite hard, however you have done a good job with these. No. 1 is great, I think golf shots looks so much better with the ball in the picture. No. 2 looks like a staged pose to me.
A clear view of the ball and having the entire club in shot would have made No. 3 much better.
No. 4 is great as you have the ball in the air and some sand/dirt being kicked up.
No. 5 has a good background :)

Thanks for the crit. I agree that having the ball in shot is much better. Something I will keep tabs on when I do it next time.

In shot 3, if you look through the grass you can see a white splodge. Thats supposed to be the ball.

Number 2, although it looks posed is a genuine swing, right through to the end. This was the actual shot I was looking to get, can guarentee you it isnt posed,... maybe a slightly slower shutter speed to blur the club next time.

Its a nice golf club, situated in Old Felixstowe next to the beach so backdrops can be quite good,...

Many thanks for the crit. :clap:

King.

Back