Sports photog wanted 26.09.2021 near Woking

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Its the busiest weekend of the year for the agency I shoot for, and they asked if I knew of anyone free to assist with shooting the Surrey Half Marathon on the 26th September.
Shooter will need a reasonably modern dSLR or mirrorless, sufficient batteries for a couple of thousand shots, and a 70-200mm f/4 or better lens. Recommend a fold up stool and a monopod too.
Paid work. Could well lead to future work.
PM me if interested.

Hello. Yes, someone from here PM'd me and joined me on the photog team yesterday.

The agency is looking for more people to add to its roster of photographers so if its the sort of thing you do or would like to doing, have the right kit, don't mind an early start, don't mind inclement weather and are happy to travel a bit (within reason), then drop me a PM and I'll make an introduction.

They shoot a variety of sports ranging from mass participation runs - 5k, 10k, half marathon, ultra marathon / 24 hr marathon, to obstacle course racing / mud races, plus triathlons and similar.

This year they're is a shortage of photographers as all the events that were postponed in the early part of the year are now condensed into a shorter time window and are clashing with each other. I'm sure the situation will improve next year, when the events can be more evenly spread out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky
Thanks for the thought, but as much as I could do with a change of scenery and some fun outdoors to cheer me up, my knackered old body just wouldn't let me. :banghead:

An ageing OAP, I stand out in all weathers. Snow, hail, sunshine. Does me good to get out there.

Couple of hrs in pouring rain shooting football... wondering why at me age. haha then I remember... money :)

What sort of rates are on offer now? Previously photographing runners has been at the bargain basement end of event photography (ie sub £100 for 7 hrs +)

Back