Spotted Wood Face Close up

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
This is a speckled wood butterfly from the garden today. Wife found it and gave me a yell.

Did a couple of further back ones too, but I like compound eyes, and moths and butterflies sure have them.

Speckled Wood butterflies have very hairy eyes.

C&C as always.

Exif:

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 450D
Image Date: 2009:08:19 19:02:30
Flash Used: Yes (Manual)
Focal Length: 105.0mm
CCD Width: 4.18mm
Exposure Time: 0.0063 s (1/160)
Aperture: f/9.0
ISO equiv: 200
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual

Paul.

Last edited:
As above the detail extending to part of the leaf only adds to the makings of what is a great shot (y)

Put up my first ever picture yesterday, have I something to catch up to fella!

Stonking picture, presume you are using a dedicated 105mm Macro lens for this? Any chance of a rundown on how you set up and shot this for understanding others shots, pretty please??:D

As the tilte say WOW, great.

Thaks everyone for the comments and feedback.

Put up my first ever picture yesterday, have I something to catch up to fella!

Stonking picture, presume you are using a dedicated 105mm Macro lens for this? Any chance of a rundown on how you set up and shot this for understanding others shots, pretty please??:D

As the tilte say WOW, great.

Doofus, whenever possible, I use a tripod for my macro. And yes, my lens ids the Sigma 105 which is a fixed focal length lens.

In post processing, as a last action, I use a high pass filter to bring up the detail and if needed, selectivley erase parts I want to take a back seat.

I use the high pass because it creates fewer halos than unsharp mak etc.

There are far greater exponants of macro than myself, so thanks for nudging my ego up a touch. :)

Paul.

Back