Spring birds

Name
Billy
Edit My Images
Yes
Some shots from over the past weeks, with my bridge camera, fuji s200exr, and processed with photoshop CS3, any C+C on shooting or/and processing very welcome :)

1. Blackbird young
4649308551_de766a9808_b.jpg

2. starlings
4649926738_e85b626886_b.jpg

4649308035_ce630b3b4b_b.jpg

4. Blue tit going in to feed its chicks
4636020169_42c2e10528_o.jpg

5. goslings
4636627292_b553c5629d_o.jpg

4625082352_7d3b117b68_o.jpg

Nice shots there, Bill.

What has been scratching at the Blue Tit's nest box?

Dont you just love spring :) A nice set there, favourite is number 2 even though its a starling ;) still a colourful bird. The BT colour doesnt look right tbh, maybe undersaturated. Thanks for sharing (y)

thanks guys :)
arclight, I'm not sure If i am honest, it was done since the blue tits started visiting the box, I have seen no predator type things going at it , but it does make me wonder, perhaps the blue tits go at it for some nesting material, but I am not sure if they would be strong enough... we don't tend to get woodpeckers in our garden, and its being gettting worse over a period of time, so must be something regular... can any one shed any light?
Thanks Trev, i think you could be right, i think a little more saturation could solve it

thanks guys :)
arclight, I'm not sure If i am honest, it was done since the blue tits started visiting the box, I have seen no predator type things going at it , but it does make me wonder, perhaps the blue tits go at it for some nesting material, but I am not sure if they would be strong enough... we don't tend to get woodpeckers in our garden, and its being gettting worse over a period of time, so must be something regular... can any one shed any light?
Thanks Trev, i think you could be right, i think a little more saturation could solve it

Sqirrels can do that in an attempt to widen the hole to get the chicks.
Some boxes have a metal plate to stop them.

thanks all :)
Hi arclight, we don't get squirrels where we are, well there are some about 200-300m away down another lane across a busy road, we don't have enough trees for them where we are, so don't think it would be a squirrel.

Back