Hmmm do you have heating in your hide??? so Jealous

Oh Nice Goldfinch by the way

Les :)

Beautiful shot Dale

Thanks John.

Hmmm do you have heating in your hide??? so Jealous

Oh Nice Goldfinch by the way

Les :)

Thanks Lez. The heating is only on on really cold days:LOL:.

It does get warm when the sun is on it, I think it's probably the felt on the roof drawing the heat in and keeping it in, it was just right last week but by Tuesday this week, it was melting in there, more like swimming trunks stuff than short sleeved stuff, although that is not a vision I want to leave you with. ;):LOL:

belter mate love the way the perch runs out of frame bro,besides the superlatives I could hurl at ya goldie, really like the frame and it's all down to that perch.

nice work they are shining now aren't they ... Have .your numbers dropped right back now mate?? We are down to around 10. now, thank god .....food bill !

stu

belter mate love the way the perch runs out of frame bro,besides the superlatives I could hurl at ya goldie, really like the frame and it's all down to that perch.

nice work they are shining now aren't they ... Have .your numbers dropped right back now mate?? We are down to around 10. now, thank god .....food bill !

stu

Cheers Stu. (y)

Goldies seem to be about the same in number, maybe even slightly more but I didn't have the big numbers you were getting, I have roughly 12 regulars coming in now, it was only around 7 or so earlier in the year. I'm sure they are mainly last year's youngsters.

I'm buying sunflower hearts in bulk now, it's cheaper and I am getting through about a 12.5kg sack a month. It's not just the goldies that love them, chaffies, greenfinch, redpoll and siskin are murdering them at the moment. The blue tits and coal tits take them too but they are smash and grab, straight to the feeder, pick one up then off to a nearby Scot's pine to eat it. :LOL:

You# re seeing birds like redpoll we have never seen Dale ,it's fascinating seeing what turns up at your place : coal tit we only get here and there..... never regulars here. We get huge numbers of blue and great tit .... Marsh or willow only on occassion I think we only see green finch to fatten the kids maybe show them what here for a rainy day ,not often not regular .

The sunflower hearts are our biggest spend too . There was a while when 20kg was just vanishing,it's a thing of lovelyness, having lots , I only wanted " my " 4 ;)but yes mate ouch................... buy bulk !!!!!!! :LOL:

ha ha nice(y) we get them and willow warbler......'erm I think wiillow warbler............ LBJ's are not my strong point !!!!! but def chiff chaff.

Back