Spring in Azerbaijan

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Some more images from the last week or so in Azerbaijan.

I went out hoping to capture stars on Friday night, but the weather is notoriously changeable here in spring and low cloud scuppered my plan. Some night time shots from down on the beach in Baku by these old jackup oil rigs which was a nice recovery from what was starting to feel like a wasted evening out!

Some more images from Baku city here:

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/a-walk-in-baku-old-city.625515/

moon beams and oil rigs by Alan, on Flickr

caspian starlight by Alan, on Flickr

We took a day out to Xizi (pronounced Khizi) on Sunday, not the best light for photography around mid day, but it was a scouting trip under the guise of a family day out;). Some really nice landscape and locations, which I intend to plan return trips to in the coming weeks / months for sunsets and star photography. Very remote, 90 minutes from Baku with no light pollution!!

The candy cane mountains, so called because of their obvious red stripes. This place has so much potential at the right time of day!!
candy cane mountains by Alan, on Flickr

Xizi landscape by Alan, on Flickr

poppies in the field by Alan, on Flickr

red on green by Alan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Agree about 3 and 4. I actually think 5 would have been great if you had of stepped to the left so that the red roof was mid left opposite poppy bottom right and the road on the right would come more into the frame and you could have lost some of the space LHS. I like the idea though and nice colour contrast.

Back