Spurn HDR - First Post

Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys, im new here, this is my first Critique/Sharing post. I would love to hear what you think.
I took this at Spurn Point in Hull. It's an HDR from 3 Raw images taken on my D200 with a Sigma 10-20mm.
I have entered into JPG magazine's current theme, hoping that I will get it printed in the next issue!

204095_82756_2f93e90648_p.jpg

If you like it and have a JPG account I would really appreciate the vote here

Welcome!

Not a bad start at all. The scene does lead the eye through reasonably well although with a lack of a subject in the mid ground you are drawn to the blown out area of cloud, Could this not have been saved from the underexposed image?

Good luck in your competitive endeavours. (y)

Welcome!

Not a bad start at all. The scene does lead the eye through reasonably well although with a lack of a subject in the mid ground you are drawn to the blown out area of cloud, Could this not have been saved from the underexposed image?

Good luck in your competitive endeavours. (y)
Hey man, thanks for the comments, I agree it certainly draws you in, however when printed at A2 and above the foreground content, ie the pebbles and edge of the water, are razor sharp! this is what I was most happy with!

Unfortunately that portion of cloud was blown out in all exposures :(

Good image, and it does pull you in very nicely, bit overprocessed for my taste, and you need to straighten your horizon.

Agree with a little rotation counterclockwise. Looks surreal - but I think that is to be expected with a lot of HDR stuff anyway, so no doubt you were aware of that!

I can imagine that looks awsome blown up... :clap:

I like it, i'm a fan of HDR, but even so, it doesn't look overly done imo.

:)

very nice indeed, i must say tho that i would like to see it with out the lens vignetting, especially in the sky area

Back