Spyder 2 Pro - Any good ?

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I saw a nearly new still in the box mint condition Spyder 2 Pro for sale on ebay for £20 and after reading a few reviews thought I would buy it but now after I go to download the software (I don't have a CD Drive) I get this message from Datacolor

Spyder2PRO Software

Posted by Raphael Graf on 24 November 2017 09:43 AM

Please note, that Spyder2PRO is an older product which discontinued a few years ago and is no longer supported.

Furthermore, the 2nd generation Spyder sensor included has been constructed before 2004! years ago and is therefore no longer compatible with latest display technologies,

such as LED-Backlight, Wide-Gammut, screens with a glossy surface and other newer display technologies (OLED, GB-R-LED...)

A Spyder5 product will solve all your compatibility issues.

However, here you will find the Sypder2PRO software

Is this just marketing to get me to buy a new one or is this correct and its no good. I have an Omen Laptop with an IPS screen. I would of course buy a new one if needed but just want to check

Last edited:
You may want to change the font colour on that message haha.

I think their message pretty much covers the answer, if you have a new monitor with LED technology etc. you will likely not get good results. A bad calibration is no different than no calibration, so you will probably need to go for the newer model.

You may want to change the font colour on that message haha.

I think their message pretty much covers the answer, if you have a new monitor with LED technology etc. you will likely not get good results. A bad calibration is no different than no calibration, so you will probably need to go for the newer model.

Changed font colour - thank you for the quick and honest reply.... Looks like I will be on the lookout for a newer model then

The font has gone from hard to read pale blue...........to just gone ;)

Back