Spyder3 Print settings in PS CS5

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I bought myself the Spyder3 studio yesterday and have calibrated my Monitors and created an ICC for my printer.

When I print out some proofs from Spyder print they look great however when I try to print one of my pictures using PS CS5 the colours are all wrong and the picture comes out much darker than on the screen. I have read through the help section I got with the spyder but it contradicts itself a few times. I have tried recalibrating the printer and have used the setting with the greys (4 Pages) I have got through a lot of paper and ink trying to set this up so far.

Could someone please tell me how to set the ICC profile in PS, I am using a Canon IP4600 printer and running windows 7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Greg
:help:

Not sure if this is your problem or if it helps, but...

In the PS print dialogue box, the 'Color (sic) Handling' should be set to 'Photoshop Manages Colors'. You should be able to find your ICC profile from the 'Printer Profile' drop down menu beneath that. Also, In 'PRINT SETTINGS' you should be able to configure your printer to make sure that it has colour management turned OFF so the printer is not controlling the colour and conflicting with Photoshops colour management.

I think.

EDIT: Just seen your second post and PDF... explains it a lot better than me! :)

Last edited:
Hi, the brightness on the printer or PS?

I have jusr recallibrated the monitor, all prints look great now....thanks all

Back