SpyderXPro & Display Brightness

Name
Gil
Edit My Images
Yes
I have the Benq PD2700U Monitor and I'm having trouble getting display brightness right using SpyderXPro calibration. When running the calibration it asks me to increase the brightness of my display - even applying brightness to 100% on the monitor is not sufficient according to the software. Upon processing photos - they look about right on my Benq monitor, however when viewing the processed photos on my laptop's display or on a mobile phone for example - they look much too dark which leads me to believe my display is too bright. What am I doing wrong, any help much appreciated.

That monitor has "
Brightness Intelligence Technology (B.I.Tech.) monitors ambient light in your viewing environment and actively adjusts screen brightness for the most comfortable viewing experience possible."
so maybe needs to be turned off/disabled in GUI (if possible?) because if the screen itself is adjusting the brightness depending on the ambient level.........and you are attempting to externally calibrate it = knickers in a twist???

PS also IMO turn off ambient light measurement in the Spyder software and 'work' in a static light level ~ old school, they were not called darkrooms for nothing ;)

Last edited:
Back