Spyware

Name
Gerald Davies
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent Saturday, well 7 hours of it, reinstalling windows, due to continuous fault I was having and having to reboot. AS I was finishing I suffered a massive attack from some spy ware. I could do nothing to remove it and it disabled most of the admin features, so I could not get rid of it :bang::bang:

Reinstalled today, having give up last night, guess what same damn spyware attack. :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

Managed to remove it using system restore this time, although it has wasted most of today getting windows working. All I need to do now is get my copy of Photoshop to work and I'll be :)

The person who wrote that damn piece of software is very lucky I do not know him or I might have landed something very heavy on his head.:bat:

I never found out the name of the spyware as it would not let me get near it and the system restore worked a treat (y)

Rant over and I feel some what happier

Nothing worse than trying to get rid of spyware, people who write this stuff should have their hands cut off. Glad to hear you got it sorted, all be it losing saturday completely.

Don't worry we'll all be having spyware installed on our computers as a matter of course soon, sooner if you're a virgin media, BT or talk talk internet subscriber :)

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are they planning to use thier customers to make more money by allowing companies to bombard us with crap?

Thanks Wile E. coyote

If you're installing windows do a clean install, ie reformat the drive, do it with the net connection unplugged = no spyware. Connect to the net when you're done and ready to register, not before. I'd be interested to hear what you were downloading that had spyware in it though, spyware cannot get onto your pc unless you download it.

Also I would disable system restore. A lot of crapware copies itself into system restore and adds itself to all the restore copies you have in there. Even further back than from when you picked up the little sod.

If you're installing windows do a clean install, ie reformat the drive, do it with the net connection unplugged = no spyware. Connect to the net when you're done and ready to register, not before. I'd be interested to hear what you were downloading that had spyware in it though, spyware cannot get onto your pc unless you download it.

Some free ware, which was infected. Teach me for being so tight.

Thanks Geordi69 I'll remember that

Back