Squirrel time again

JPS

Edit My Images
Yes
I was out in our back garden taking a few 'random' shots this evening. Two of our cats were out with me also, the youngest one was sat motionless looking up into one of our conifer trees. He normally does that if a bird goes in there. All of a sudden out of the corner of my eye, I saw him jump up and try and catch the bird - or so I thought it was anyway. But no, it was a squirrel - never seen one in our yard before in the 6 years we've been here.

Anyway, the other cat joined in the chase and the squirrel shot over to another one of our trees and climbed up it, followed by two cats. Although the cats gave up climbing once they realised they were following the Seb Coe of the squirrel world. In a nutshell, the cats gave in, the squirrel stayed in the tree for an hour before coming down and running off over the fence - not before the light had gone down though and my shot was just a 'quick crab' shot with the ISO racked up :bang:

squirrel.jpg

i dont think everyone will agree but i love having squirrels in the garden (even if they do steal the bird food!) we live in birmingham and previously lived in coventry where we never had squirrels in the garden but now we have them which i was suprised at, they are very cheeky too and carry on eating the bird food even if we're out in the garden close to them. i'll try and get some pics next time he/she/they are about :)

Back