Squirrel with a difference

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I've hung on to these for a few weeks because most squirrel shots posted on here are far better but these shots are more about behaviour and to show just what they can get up to.This summer (if you can call it summer) is the first time I've seen them going up the side of the neighbouring houses ,on the roofs and as you see onto a TV ariel. Needless to say another lousy light day-dull and overcast. These first four are in sequence.

The last one is what I believe they call a ground squirrel in the US - taken in Oklahoma City when I was there in May to photograph the storms. This species must be the original greys that were imported here in the 19th. century as curiosities. What catastrophic mistake that was !

53qux1.jpg

sex8hl.jpg

16h3h1k.jpg

2r4o3r9.jpg

ruzdj9.jpg

Last edited:
Time to start setting traps methinks, if they ever get into your house...........................:eek:

Thanks for comments.

Admirable-That house is two doors away from us and the people behind them saw the squirrels a while ago and urged them to block up any access into the roof area concerned for them re. electric cabling etc. but the warning fell on deaf ears-I agree,you can't have them moving in...it looks like they may have had a den in there as the two on the roof look like juveniles to me.

Thanks both.I wouldn't have posted them had it not been for the one in flight.

Back