sRG

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,
Quick Question.... I have the option on my laptop to set the display to icc-sRGB IEc61966-2.1.

I nderstand that sRGB tends to be the common standard for web, photos etc. So, before i apply an development settings in lightroom should i set my monitor to the sRGB option.
Then, when exporting lightroom pics after pp, export them as jpeg sRGB as per normal. The SRGB setting seem very 'bright'.

Thanks All

Gpc

sRGB is a working space for the image - it's not a colour space for an output device (screen, printer, etc).

You don't want to set your laptop display to use the sRGB profile because that will lead to all sorts of problems. Instead you need to get the correct profile for the display either from the maker or by using a hardware calibration tool that measures your screen. Then colour managed s/w can translate the colours in the image to your display to give consistent results. If you've got your laptop set to sRGB the translation will do nothing because the image is already in sRGB you're basically turning off colour management :(

Thanks Pxl8

My laptop, TV Monitor etc isnt calibrated at the moment, something i plan to do soon.

i saw the SRGB option and when i set ot the colours really shifted in brightness and tone.

I had done some development work on some phottos of a tiger and really bought out all the detail and colours, then when I set the monitor to SRGB it really blew out the highlights so I left it as it was previously.

think I will invest in a calibration tool, at least that way I know for sure that the colours etc will be standardised.

Much appreciated
Rgds
Greg

Back