SS to kill indoor ambient light

Edit My Images
No
I've got to set up in a brightly lit corridor tomorrow with my portable backdrop for a portrait shoot (it's basically the only area I can do it in) and will want to kill all ambient light.

Using one lencarta SF300 in a 90cm octa, and usually shoot at 1/125 at f11 iso100. Will I need to up the ss tomorrow to kill the ambient or will this still be ok? I'll should get time to do some tests beforehand but would be good to know in advance.

Thanks!

It's the ISO that'll kill it - a higher SS will depend on your camera / trigger combo.

You'll have to try it and see.
If necessary, just fit a .9 (3stop) ND filter to the lens and increase the flash power.

Turn the lights off if you can, if you have direct sunlight (never seen it I live in Wales ;)) hang a sheet or something over the nearest windows.
I was trouble shooting at a mates studio a few weeks back and he was picking up a slight colour cast (noticable) at around those settings, that was from two not massivly bright strip lights.

Thanks guys, managed to find a dark room to use in the end but good to know potential ways of dealing with situations like this!

Back