Ssssh sound asleep

Edit My Images
No
Put this in another thread, someway down, but decided to make it one of its own. I tried a "slower" painting with light experiment - must admit I quite like this one:

2181477918_0bcbcc4bd6_o.jpg

love the lighting effect, not sure about the trails though

now, a fairy at the end of a trail - that would be something!

love the lighting effect, not sure about the trails though

now, a fairy at the end of a trail - that would be something!

What a great thought - fantastic - going to hunt for fairies to put in there now! Cheers Mike!! (y)

Any decent fairy shots anybody I can borrow? Somebody elsewhere said that they thought the lights were still like fairies, kinda agree :D

Any of these do :LOL:

InmanPhoneBBC_468x568.jpg

13001.jpg

jesus christ i just wet my pants fpmsl

nice one oldgit.

Put this in another thread, someway down, but decided to make it one of its own. I tried a "slower" painting with light experiment - must admit I quite like this one:

2181477918_0bcbcc4bd6_o.jpg

Was it a torch you used? Lovely image.

G.

You can use this one. I call her nough, She lives at the bottom of a bottle, unusually though, I can never see her when the bottle is full.

fairynough.jpg

The fairy's already there if you look. You have to believe in them though. ;)

fairy3.jpg

:) great CT

(you need an image with a few more px to do it properly tho, but then you knew that.)

LOL Actually I did reduce the size to what I know fairies are... the original was bigger. Just do a Google for Tinker Bell, you'll find it. :D

hehe love it CT brilliant!!

Can't make me mind up if I like it with or without the fairy - like them both to be honest.

Yes did it with a torch in a pitch black room whilst he was sound asleep - didn't dare move that dummy! :D

Fantastic execution, really really well done. I take it the softer warm glow is when the torch is held back and the sharper is closer?

On a serious note, the nice thing is it looks like natural window light. Me tog's head just finds it a bit unsettling that the light seems to be coming from both sides and leaves that central shadow area? Small beans though - the shot works really well for all that. :)

it was precisely that "odd" lighting that made me think of a fairy!

That's a really great experiment Vinny ... (y) ... and it has worked really well although I do agree with Cedric about the double-sided lighting effect ... :thinking: ... might be good to reduce it slightly on one side or other just to see the difference ... :shrug:

Love all the fairy talk ... :D

As for the trails ... :cautious: ... wouldn't it be a bit clever to outline baby with a nice even light trail all round ... :shrug: ... call it a challenge if you want ... ;)

:p

Wasnt too sure about the original, but I love it with the fairy (y)

Two fairies and a bit of fairy glow would solve the lighting problems. :D

fairy_2.jpg

I love the image, first thoughts with out the light trial, but then for the benifit of the fairy it kinda made sense, although would look much better if the fairy was in B&W.

Great stuff.(y)

CT - you're a star I love it with the fairies. Did you use Adobe?

Glad you like it Vinny. It's dead easy, I use Paint Shop Pro but it will be exactly the same in Adobe...

Draw a circular mask roughly the size of the fairy you intend to paste in. Feather the mask by about 30 or 40 pixels. Adjust the gamma setting (or brightness) to get the glow effect you want.

Paste in your first fairy at the centre of your glowy bit.

Go to Layers/ Properties and just drop the opacity of the fairy layer which reduces the saturation a bit and blends it in better.

Flatten layers.

Repeat all the above steps for the 2nd fairy.

Flatten the image. Dont forget to save it. :)

Somebody please tell Vinny how to draw a circular mask in Photoshop. He needs the info urgento! :)

Not sure if this would work as i have never used a layer mask like CT used but the principles are similar...

For photoshop.

duplicate layer (its easier to delete and start again then ;)
used the elliptical marquee tool to draw the circle
go to select in the menu and choose feather set by 30 or 40 pixels
go to image, adjustments and choose brightness to adjust the selected area
paste in the fairy
select the fairy layer and adjust the opacity of the layer to suit
Flatten layers.

Repeat all the above steps for the 2nd fairy.

This picture - for me - is probably one of the nicest shots I have seen in a long long time.

My chosen area is people, portraits and love working with babies and young children as I think you get the most unexpected results from them.

The image with the fairies is simply magical. well done to all of you who helped Vinny - and Vinny, amazing photo.

that's really nice...like the lighting, how did you achieve that effect???

This picture - for me - is probably one of the nicest shots I have seen in a long long time.

The image with the fairies is simply magical. well done to all of you who helped Vinny - and Vinny, amazing photo.

Absolutely 100% agree with Glitter. Lovely picture and with the added fairies - simply superb!!! (y) (y) (y)

:clap: :clap: Lovely image, and then with the added fairies :eek: I can imagine you showing this to a little more grown up little un... it's the stuff fairy tales are made of and the little un will love it in a few years :)

Back