St ives

Edit My Images
No
I am soon heading down to st Ives for 3 nights.

Could I have some recommendations around this area for the best places with good weather patterns, moody clouds, fast-changing weather etc

The last time I was in Cornwall, was last year the weekend a storm hit.

I’m not sure there will be anywhere anyone can predict those weather patterns for you. Photographic locations will be easier to suggest but the weather can be anything from bright blue skies to cloud, rain or storms. It all depends on what the weather fronts are like when you go.

There are plenty of coastal locations with beaches or tin mines near St Ives. Bollack mines or Whealcoates aren’t too far away. Lands End is also a draw for photographers along with St Micheals Mount. If it’s stormy Porthleven gets big waves. Just don’t get too close.

I’m not sure there will be anywhere anyone can predict those weather patterns for you. Photographic locations will be easier to suggest but the weather can be anything from bright blue skies to cloud, rain or storms. It all depends on what the weather fronts are like when you go.

There are plenty of coastal locations with beaches or tin mines near St Ives. Bollack mines or Whealcoates aren’t too far away. Lands End is also a draw for photographers along with St Micheals Mount. If it’s stormy Porthleven gets big waves. Just don’t get too close.

I know people can't predict it. I'm asking for locations that are good when the weather conditions are right.

If your heading to LE, why not go to Sennen Cove ? Wide open, good if the weather if like it is now. You can walk up the hill to the old coastguard lookout on top of the headland

Also, the weather north coast to south coast can be hugely varied at the same time. We used these webcams to check out how things are

Go along the coast through Zennor - a few old Cornish Tin mines along the coast :)

Les :)

I know people can't predict it. I'm asking for locations that are good when the weather conditions are right.
If it’s location details you’re after one of the best places to start with is with a fotovue book.

Have you searched for ‘Cornwall photography locations blog’?

Another option is to search ‘Poldark locations’.

Also, the weather north coast to south coast can be hugely varied at the same time. We used these webcams to check out how things are

these web cams are great. It shows the difference between north and south coast perfectly. It looks like Porthmeor beach is getting a battering today but Portleven looks nearly perfectly calm.

If your in St Ives head out to Cape Cornwall a spot that is often ignored. Then you have Godrevy Lighthouse which is great in stormy weather. Try Rinsey Head if you are going a bit further, worth the drive to get to and again the area is not on the normal list of places to visit. You could pop into Cudden Point on the way back which gives a great alternative view of St Michaels mount. The weather looks good for some dramatic coastal scenes this week. Hope you enjoy yourself.

Last edited:
If it’s location details you’re after one of the best places to start with is with a fotovue book.

Have you searched for ‘Cornwall photography locations blog’?

Another option is to search ‘Poldark locations’.

these web cams are great. It shows the difference between north and south coast perfectly. It looks like Porthmeor beach is getting a battering today but Portleven looks nearly perfectly calm.

Much appreciated. Thanks

Back