St Mary De Castro

Name
Shane
Edit My Images
No
C + C Please :D
smdc.jpg

love the composition on this ,draws the eye to what is through the tower.

moody,nice, really likin it, what did you do to get this?

Really like this, as the others have said amazing atmosphere and love the composition (y)

Thanks for all the replies guys :D

I'm thinking of submitting this as my final piece for my GCSE Photography.
Also thinking that as we can submit a picture A1 getting it printed onto strectched canvas.

moody,nice, really likin it, what did you do to get this?

I didn't really do too much. Set in Manual I underexposed by 1 or 2 stops.

Added a little saturation and sharpened in PS.

I'll check the EXIF when i get home.

That works. The dark edges leading to the light and the arch (y)

Also thinking that as we can submit a picture A1 getting it printed onto strectched canvas.

I think it would look just great at that size but I do wonder if canvass would be able to hold a deep enough black to keep the atmosphere you've shot? :shrug:

That's well composed. It sets a nice mood with your eye being drawn into the photo.
Well done . :)

Great Shot, are you doing GCSE photography then. What final question did you choose. I chose detail.

Very good shot. As Dazz has said I would avoid canvas - try a gloss print to hold the deep blacks and give it some punch.

I think it would look just great at that size but I do wonder if canvass would be able to hold a deep enough black to keep the atmosphere you've shot? :shrug:

I didn't think of that :(

I have printed it on to A4 Ilford pearl and the blacks are very black and its a satin paper. I thought that Canvas would have similar properties. :shrug:

I don't get a lot of time to post on this great forum, but this photo moved me to comment.
I have seen a great number of really first class images on here, but for me, and I am no expert, this is one of the best I have seen, well done Shane.

Thank you so much for the comments, i really didn't expect so much positive feedback on this. :)
Maybe we're over critical on our own work.

geoffd70 said:
I don't get a lot of time to post on this great forum, but this photo moved me to comment.
I have seen a great number of really first class images on here, but for me, and I am no expert, this is one of the best I have seen, well done Shane.

Thank you so much Geoff. How could anyone hope for better comments than this!

I did end up going for an A1 Canvas print, should be here maybe tomorrow :D
I'll let you know if the blacks stay black enough.

Really looking forward to it arriving.

Canvas print arrived yesterday, i am very pleased with it. the finish is prefect for the picture, it has a very matt finish that gives off no reflection making a very deep black :D

Back