St Marys Church - an old ruined church

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
I saw a photo of this place on flickr and had to get myself out there to get some shots and have a closer look seeing as it is only a few miles away (y)

I intentionally made both shots quite contrasy, I think it suits the ruins well - but I would leave to hear other peoples opinions incase I have gone a bit OTT :bonk:

7680632100_17f19f8bc1_z.jpg

7680591368_e12a38e1ac_z.jpg

Comments, constructive criticism, pointers, tips and all of that usual jazz are greatly welcome as I'm always learning (y)

Especially on #1 as I'm still not 100% sure on it but can't quite put my finger on it.

Stunning place, i would love to use this for startrails!, i do however think the pp is ott the 1st especially, im guessing you ran it through photomatix or something similar, i would try and tone it down a bit, also the wb seems a bit off as the building looks cold, maybe warm the kelvins up if you can(y)

Thanks Darrell!

Hoping to get a handful of comments by tomorrow evening so I can run them through PS again with a clearer head and a load of comments to take on board (y)

As said by Darrell, #1 is a bit OTT for PP for my taste, however I also think that the sky is lacking in impact, perhaps a re-visit with moodier skies would help. I do think the composition is better in the first, as I think there is too much space to the right of #2 and I think a re-position of the church would help the compostion. Still two nice shots of a great location.:clap:

Thanks for the comments Rob, I see what you mean about the space in #2. Next time there is a nice sunset I'll definately head back down there and see if I can get a better angle (y)

As for #1, I'll have another play in PS again tonight and see what I can do about the sky :)

Back