St Mary's Church

Name
Jav
Edit My Images
No
SO went out for a walk about today. Only had kit lens on the body as left the bag at home. Got home looked at a few images and the sky was washed out, so went to work in Elements 6 with some layers. Original was shot in RAW so I could salvage something.

Original

6859696699_96a2d666cf_b.jpg

Processed

6859692483_6af1ae9262_b.jpg

Very impressive PP (y) to get such detail out of a very over exposed original image (y) but I cannot help but think were the image better exposed in the original this could have been even better (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Very impressive PP (y) to get such detail out of a very over exposed original image (y) but I cannot help but think were the image better exposed in the original this could have been even better (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

I have a feeling that I was using spot metering and I took the reading on the drain pipe in the middle which is black when i was actually aiming for the white corner stones !!

I took a lot of bracketed shots also as I was originally going to try for a HDR but they all looked a bit meh, so I picked the best of a bad bunch and created a 2 layers plus a level layer in PSE 6 to try and get the sky back and some detailing in the stone work

Very nice PP work, but the shadowy tree next to the stained glass window is annoying me..

It annoyed the hell out of me also. I walked around that church a dozen times trying to get a good angle, but the vicar must have a tree fetish, the other side had a yew tree that Noah could have carved his entire ark from.

Next bit of kit on my list is a McCulloch chain saw, although I think I'll have difficulty getting that into a 302 Slingshot :D

Back