St. Mick`s HDR Colour

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Let me know what you think, people. :)

Z00198.jpg

Z00199.jpg

They're good pics, but for my taste the sky is too overpowering as a result of the HDR. St Michael's Mount is too insignificant in both pics for me too. Sorry.

I like the second one, teriffic powerful sky........ I do think it needs a little more detail bringing out on the 'mount' though to balance things out.

TFS

I like what you are "nearly" achieving here. The PP work is giving the sky a lovely 3 dimensional look that you don't want to lose however the domination is still a small problem. I would be selectively reducing the effect on the clouds slightly on your second version to try to achieve a better balance.

The mount is still slightly small in the frame as it stands but cropping would not improve the look as your composition is OK as is (including the cloud tops "holds" the picture together nicely).

A lovely image worthy of your continued PP efforts. (y)

Are you showing us the mountain or the sky?

The sky is superb but it dominates the photo to the extent the rest of the picture is lost – not a bad thing but it depends on your intentions.

Looking back up the post your first photo does show the mountain much better and is more in harmony with the clouds etc.

I would be tempted to crop some of the foreground /bottom of the frame away on the first pic but that’s just personal choice.

HTH
Cyb

Last edited:
I like the second one, teriffic powerful sky........ I do think it needs a little more detail bringing out on the 'mount' though to balance things out.

TFS

My thoughts exactly :) and 2nd version is much better (y)

Are you showing us the mountain or the sky?

The sky is superb but it dominates the photo to the extent the rest of the picture is lost – not a bad thing but it depends on your intentions.

Looking back up the post your first photo does show the mountain much better and is more in harmony with the clouds etc.

I would be tempted to crop some of the foreground /bottom of the frame away on the first pic but that’s just personal choice.

HTH
Cyb

To be honest harmony is not particularly what I want to show.

I prefer the first version of the second. But the ideal shoot would be with the light on the mount of the first and with the sky and the composition of the second.

Woah! Now that's sky! Not to my taste, but it's impressive.

I think the issue of balance isn't so much to do with the processing, but the actual composition and the fact that the 'mount' is so small in the frame. Could have done with using a longer lens methinks.

I prefer the first version of the second. But the ideal shoot would be with the light on the mount of the first and with the sky and the composition of the second.

Interesting, thanks for the comment. (y)

Woah! Now that's sky! Not to my taste, but it's impressive.

I think the issue of balance isn't so much to do with the processing, but the actual composition and the fact that the 'mount' is so small in the frame. Could have done with using a longer lens methinks.

I did take some closer to the mount, but went for this one, i`ll post up the other.

Thanks for the comments (y)

Phenomenal sky on the second image, it does dominate the shot, but that makes it for me, Nature is always able to steal scenes and theres nothing wrong with capturing that. I agree the mount could be a bit more vivid (not as keen on the redone version, looks a bit false).

Phenomenal sky on the second image, it does dominate the shot, but that makes it for me, Nature is always able to steal scenes and theres nothing wrong with capturing that. I agree the mount could be a bit more vivid (not as keen on the redone version, looks a bit false).

Thanks for the comments (y)

Back