I`m fascinated by the building,its history and construction.I`m making a trip down there in the new year and i`d love tp see your images from inside or out.
I visited St Pauls in February this year (before "Lockdown") my first visit in a number of years. I was under the impression that photography was not allowed within the cathedral but they are now in line with the photography conditions for every other cathedral I have visited (no tripods, no flash.)
It was quite busy, but I guess these days probably less so. My main reason for visiting was to go to the "Lantern" on the top of the dome, which affords some great panoramic views of London. Unfortunately, the "Whispering Gallery" was closed the day I went, but this is one of my interior views:
However, this is what I really wanted to photograph:
Incidentally, the building opposite is called "One New Change" and affords some good views of the Cathedral from it's roof terrace (free admission.)
Exploring the interior requires a certain amount of fitness and there are some small and narrow staircases to be negotiated but if you are interested in the structure of the building they are very interesting. Everything is well organised and there is a one-way system so you descend by a different staircase to the one you ascended on.
If you read my post you would see that I said " they are now in line with the photography conditions for every other cathedral I have visited (no tripods, no flash.) "
I don't know when they changed the rules.
All we need now is Westminster Abbey to adopt a similar policy.
If you read my post you would see that I said " they are now in line with the photography conditions for every other cathedral I have visited (no tripods, no flash.) "
I don't know when they changed the rules.
All we need now is Westminster Abbey to adopt a similar policy.
Yes, I previously understood there was "No Photography" inside the cathedral but someone posted some interior shots on this forum a while ago.
It seems illogical to have a photography ban in St Pauls since I have photographed the insides of Gloucester Cathedral, Ely Cathedral, Westminster Cathedral and more recently York Minster with no problems.
As I said, my main reason for visiting was for the views from the "Lantern." At one time this was one of the few places that afforded panoramic views of the London Skyline. The last time I was there they were still building the "Gherkin" - now you cannot even see it due to all the other large buildings that have been constructed in front of it!
I know there is a photography ban in Westminster Abbey (unless it's changed recently) which means I have no interest in visiting.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.