St Peters Chapel built in 654AD

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
This is a shot i took of St Peters Chapel situated in Bradwell-on-sea. http://www.bradwellchapel.org/

It is three exposures (+1,0,-1) blended together in photoshop. I also had a circular polarizer fitted to the lens.
I took over 200 shots of this chapel. This particular shot is showing the front of the Chapel, but just outside the front door is a wooden hut that has been put up for shelter and reflection. (although this chapel is always open). This is why there is not much space outside the front of the Chapel.

Ive posted it in here for some criticism and constructive advice, so please fire away!

StPetersChapel01.jpg

I'm not sure what you're aiming for colourwise here, but to me it looks like it has a yellow cast and it slightly oversaturated. I really like the sky in this though and think that the overall principle of combining the shots works.

Compositionwise, I think I would have gone in a bit closer and lay down on the floor looking up at it. Might give it a bit more of an imposing angle and made the shot more interesting. :)

Compositionwise, I think I would have gone in a bit closer and lay down on the floor looking up at it. Might give it a bit more of an imposing angle and made the shot more interesting. :)

Do you mean like this shot?

Also turned down the sats abit, as the brickwork is naturally yellowy. Maybe my monitor but it seems a bit lackluster now

Im trying to give it a natural look without looking to fake, if you know what i mean:thinking:

Overall any better :shrug:

StpetersChapel031.jpg

I like the composition on this shot, the space left around it isn't a problem for me. Looking at the second shot, the backgound look like another view point would lose the lush green grass. I think thats a good generic stock shot myself.

Thanks for the feedback Kate and natjag.

Looking at the second shot, the backgound look like another view point would lose the lush green grass.

Yeah, did not want to include the background as it looks out to sea and i thought people would be distracted from the chapel.
This shot is east facing and once i have purchased some filters, i plan on taking this same shot but with the sun rising to the right of the chapel in the background.

Back