Stacked converters

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Always game to try something new ;D
I thought I would have a go at 'stacking' a 2x converter along with a 1.4x converter on my 200mm F1.8 Lens and see what happened

well amazingly the autofocus still worked on my 1 series camera (albiet) sluggishly

I took about a dozen shots of this bird that landed in the tree in my garden 'hand held' from the bedroom window
293995812_m6ZRs-L.jpg

must say I thought it would be completly soft as hell
but considering the light was poor... it aint come out 'too' bad

anyway thats enough of todays 'useless' information broadcast
cheers Chris

Chris,

I've tried this combination for moon shoots on a 400/5.6....manually focussed but not as soft as I expected either. It's almost as though the second T/C doesn't give the IQ any further hit.

Bob

Not come out badly at all considering, I would have expected a lot worse myself, must give a try. Wayne

Why were you surprised that autofocus worked? A 200mm f/1.8 lens, plus a 2x, plus a 1.4x, gives you 560mm f/5. It should autofocus even without a 1D. In fact I'm tempted to try it with my 350D...

stacked converters also work on the 600 f4 lens on a 1 series as the second converter isnt reported to the camera only the lens and the 2x, so camera doesn't even know the 1.4x is there, so AF still works, very slowly. It was the first thing I tried when i got my first 500mm f4.

Back