stacking software

ejm

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello astrophotophers!

My partners really into astronomy and with me being into photography he thought it would be fun to merge our equipment and get some astronomy photos (nebulae and the like) but the big question is, how do you merge the photos?

He's in an astro forum where they use various software but no one mentions photoshop so can that not be used? If yes, how? If no, what can I use?

I'd like to do star trails too for myself, can these be merged in shop too?
Thanks so much - I've spent a while nosing in this forum and the talent out there is amazing well done all :)

Brilliant thanks so much terry!!
I will of course let you know soon as I've produced something worthy enough :)

there's a free program called deep sky stacker thats quite good for astro shots

Reactions: ejm
DSS will not work on a Mac, unless you run windows on it. Starstax is a good stacker for Mac, but for startrails only. You can get excellent results using Photoshop for aligning and stacking nebulae or whatever.

This is a 15 image stack, done 100% in Photoshop, using align layer and smart objects:

The Kiwi Way by Mikey Mack, on Flickr

Ahhhh damn :) but I'll try that starstax as I really need to sort some of my star trails photos out, and when I get the nebulae photos started at least I no I can do them in photoshop... Excellent image BTW thanks for showing what's possible :)

Does anyone know of a program for a Mac that will do the same as DSS? I know DSS can be made to run on the Mac but I found it very unstable.

Thanks

John

Back