Staff Position

Edit My Images
No
Hi All;

I am applying for a open staff position at a sports photography agency.

Would appreciate if members of this forum could look at my portfolio and help me reduce the numbers.
The agency mainly shoots football, Rugby and GAA (Hurling and Football).
They will cover major events when an Irish athlete is participating (x-country, track and field, boxing, etc.)
Some of the work will be PR and launches.

https://pjfphoto.wordpress.com/portfolio-2/#jp-carousel-3162

Kind regards
Peter

Looks a decent set but missing something "Out of the Box" ..Also I would just pick one goalie shot ..Or at least lose the ladies one.. three goalie shots in a portfolio not needed IMHO

Really nice set, as Kipax says I'd consider losing at least one of the goal keeper shots but on the whole it's very good. As a fellow Irish photographer I know there is one of only two agencies you're talking about, best of luck with the application, it would be a fantastic achievement to work for either. I'm an Irish photographer only starting out on the pro road but may drop you a line through your site some time to ask a few questions if that would be ok?

Hi All;

I am applying for a open staff position at a sports photography agency.

Would appreciate if members of this forum could look at my portfolio and help me reduce the numbers.
The agency mainly shoots football, Rugby and GAA (Hurling and Football).
They will cover major events when an Irish athlete is participating (x-country, track and field, boxing, etc.)
Some of the work will be PR and launches.

https://pjfphoto.wordpress.com/portfolio-2/#jp-carousel-3162

Kind regards
Peter

That's a better than decent set - there's some belters in there - if you do lose a goalie shot make sure it's not the Swedish keeper - it's a smashing shot

Only criticism I'd have is over some of the captions - make sure they read clearly and have caps in the right places.

Last edited:
Hi Peter, lovely set there I would agree with the keeper decision and ditch the first one, I would also narrow down the "fans" shots I know they are as important as the action shots, but i think the application is for a position that you can prove you can capture the action on the pitch and not what's behind you. I do understand they sell those kind of photos to newspapers but for the application side of things might be different. What does the application state?? have they hinted they are looking for a photographer that covers everything. Whatever they have looked for, i would concentrate on that. Thats my 2 cents worth and i have never applied for any position so i don't have much experience in that area

Back