Staffordshire Bull Terriers

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a busy weekend up at Rescue at the weekend. Did manage to get some reasonable shots. Even some possible calendar shots, we produce our own Calendar every year.

These are a couple of the shots I managed which haven't made it to the final cut.

Maddie - was still looking for a home
Maddie03.jpg

Albert - just came for a visit to show us how he is doing.
Albert02.jpg

Andrea

Aww! Poor maddie, she looks so sad!
Pic is a bit soft, I'd probably clone out the collar and I also find the tip of her tail a distraction ... least I hope its her tail!
2nd pic is much better, I like the way youve filled the frame with him more ... he looks a livewire!

:agree: The second looks like he's ready to pounce as soon as you give the word (or turn your back).

Hi Glo

Doh, never even entered my head to clone out her collar. I did sharpen this and due to oversharpening last time I posted I was perhaps a bit over careful not to overdue it again.

Not sure if its her tail or whether its just that she had been used as a puppy farm before being kicked out on the street. Often the case with bitches that come in as strays unfortunately.
Maddie has now gone to live in a foster home which will hopefully become permanent so she is much happier.

Andrea

Really like the first one, shows her personality.

Is it a staffi only rescue home? I walk dogs as a volunteer at the mayhew animal home in London. The home takes dogs, cats and rabbits but I just do dogs. We take all dogs but as with all rescue homes now we get a lot of staffies and various bull type crosses.

I like the 1st one best too - with the suggested clone treatment - which should be easy enough. I like the water and the movement in the shot.

Hi Bailout

Yes Staffords only. We are not a rescue home as such. We do bring the dogs in but pay to use boarding kennels as we don't have a proper kennels of our own.
Just a couple at main headquarters for the use of the old and the sick.

Staffords are unfortunately far too popular these days and we re-home approximately 300 every year. The most we ever did was 400 but it nearly killed us and we decided that we couldn't continue at that level for our own sanity, we are all just volunteers. We are just one of about 10 Stafford Rescues in the country.

Best wishes

Andrea

Agree with Glo, clone the collar and 'tail' in the first and it will sing :)

I really like these Andrea ... (y) ... a couple of lovely looking individuals ... ;) ... I really must get some decent shots of our SBT ... :love: ... but he is just so damn camera shy at the moment all I generally get is his rear view ...
scenic.gif

:D

:p

Go on Ven, you can do it, I finally managed to get the russells still enough on Sunday night!

Oh I will definitely keep trying LL ... :cautious: ... but I am not kidding as soon as he sees the camera that's it for any chance of a decent shot ...
r4osuprised2.gif

:p

Back