Stained Glass with mono

No.

If you want to draw my attention to the window, then shoot just the window. Don't carefully compose the whole scene, then trivialise it by doing everything you can to stop people looking at it.

Why do you think it improves it?

I have to agree with David, I can understand wanting to draw attention to the stained glass but for me it isn't working. For some reason my eyes are completely drawn to the left arrangement. Also niggling me is that tiny tiny bit of the glass frame being cut off by the composition / crop, but that's pedantic of me.

For me it works as an exercise in selective colour but is let down by the composition, too many of the parts of the photo have been 'cut-off' as it's a busy area, so to me it looks scruffy :)

Sorry doesnt work for me either- I imagine the original in colour, would have nice light thrown in through the stained glass?

Nice composition though

Les (y)

I think it's probably a "No" too - but it was worth an experiment I thought!
Can't always play it safe.....

I will re-work the original RAW file and repost later in the week a full colour version....

Sadly my 24-105 was just not quite wide enough to get the composition I wanted :(

I may try again tripod mounted and shooting two portrait images to stitch together....

A 10-20mm would be an ideal ens for that shot Im thinking ;)

Look forward to seeing the colour version in due course

Les (y)

Yes for me with a couple of buts.

Firstly, it's a shame that the arch of the window has been cut off - that would sell it further.

Secondly, the right most pane is slightly blown owing to the outside light - it disrupts the flat colour of the scene outside.

I like it though.

Much better.

Back