Stairway To Nowhere?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Took this picture on a recent photographic holiday to Lakeland Photographic Holidays.

_DSC7837smallerpp2.jpg

Critique very welcome as I am probably going to put this into my camera club competition.

Best regards

Chris

Hi Chris

I like what you have achieved, a nice shot destined to be placed in the comp.

For me though you have overdone the bit on the left. I might also crop it to the colour portion shown here

_DSC7837smallerpp3.jpg

stew

Hi Stew,

That is an interesting take on it. I had not thought of a crop that took that much off. Will revisit now.

The effect is due to a 10 exposure on the D700 followed by some selective blurring.

Regards

Chris

Hi Stew,

The Nikon range of superior cameras :LOL: allow you to make a multiple exposure which overlays on each other and automatically sorts the exposure.

This allows you to make a nice blurred feel when you have the wind blowing. I did the same for my last months camera club competition and the 'Lonely' picture of the tree in the lake.

Regards

Chris

So lets get this straight Chris - Shoot Nikon for blurred images.........:D:D:D

stew

I like the crop, but I prefer the colour and there is a little to much blurrng for me.

Hi Strangways, Stew, parkmoy and Woodsy,

Many thanks for the comments.

The final printed image was this one:

_DSC7837croppedmono2smaller.jpg

I also renamed it 'Path To Nowhere'. I struggled yesterday with naming 5 pictures something I have never had a problem with!

Best regards

Chris

I like it a lot, especially in B&W - but I feel the final version is a tad overexposed and it loses a lot of its contrast because of that.

I like it a lot, especially in B&W - but I feel the final version is a tad overexposed and it loses a lot of its contrast because of that.

Many thanks for your comment. I have to say in final print it did not seem over exposed.

Best regards

Chris

Back