Staithes

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
We stayed here (overnight) a couple of weeks ago on a recommendation from a guy whom I was doing some plastering for, he said it was a beautiful little place.

Gaz

Staithes_web.jpg

Cosy image with evocative tones well framed. Bet it looks fantastic large. If I were to change anything I would maybe clone out the telegraph poles on the cliff and try and pull the blacks back a tad.

That's a great alternative view of Staithes, I like it a lot.
It brings back childhood memories of my visits there as a kid with my folks.

Cosy image with evocative tones well framed. Bet it looks fantastic large. If I were to change anything I would maybe clone out the telegraph poles on the cliff and try and pull the blacks back a tad.
Hi Adrian. Thanks for the feedback it is much appreciated. Yes I agree the poles should go. re the blacks I assume you mean to darken the shadow areas a touch ? Not enough contrast ?
Printing large. I think I would like a print just to see how it would look. I have not taken anything like this scene before. How big a print would you think this would look good at. I know there are variables size of image file/quality & viewing distance.
That's a great alternative view of Staithes, I like it a lot.
It brings back childhood memories of my visits there as a kid with my folks.
Thanks Duncan. Great that this brought back fond memories.It will for me in years to come. We will visit again as the people were real friendly there, plus the pub served great food and even went the extra mile to do something vegan for the better half.
The view was pure chance really as 30 mins prior to the photo above we were sat in the pub having tea. Outside it were drizzling dull and very grey. Then this happened whilst we were taking a little stroll on the beach. A rainbow appeared then a massive orange sky turning into the above scene before disappearing. I was frantically trying to capture something.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Gaz

Lovely shot Sir, well composed with some really nice light & colour.(y)

George.

I did'nt realise that Staithes was at such an angle to get a nice sunset. It is a good alternative picture rather than the norm of looking down into the harbour.
Love the lights on the outside of the Old George (just looked on google maps)

Pete

I did'nt realise that Staithes was at such an angle to get a nice sunset. It is a good alternative picture rather than the norm of looking down into the harbour.
Love the lights on the outside of the Old George (just looked on google maps)

Pete
Hi Pete

I'm pretty clueless on the old sunrise sunset & where it is going to go down or come up. I was just lucky it happened this way. Yes I did a quick google search before we set off on our little break and the shots I saw were all from above like you say. I would have been well pleasd to get one of those but there was no time to climb the cliffs.

Thanks for stopping by.

Gaz

Back