Stanage Edge sunrise

Like the composition with the solitary barn and the colours are ace (y)

That is quite lovely Nigel. Well worth getting up early for :D

Wonderful, I like the misty patches across the moor, and it's different to the usual Stanage viewpoints

Love the mist, solitary barn and colours, very tranquil.

Would it work with a little more exposure on the foreground? The heather looks nice and is a little lost? But I appreciate the balance of light might mean this might look unrealistic.

Love the mist, solitary barn and colours, very tranquil.

Would it work with a little more exposure on the foreground? The heather looks nice and is a little lost? But I appreciate the balance of light might mean this might look unrealistic.
I get where you're coming from, Alan. Before settling on this edit, I had tried lifting the foreground a little more, but it looked too unrealistic. It's pretty much how it looked on the morning, so I'm happy with that

I get where you're coming from, Alan. Before settling on this edit, I had tried lifting the foreground a little more, but it looked too unrealistic. It's pretty much how it looked on the morning, so I'm happy with that

It is nice simple image.
If you go back to it in a few weeks and you may change your mind on the edit.

Edit
Looking at it properly on my PC I really like the subtlety of the edit.

Last edited:
I think the foreground is a personal taste thing. I'd maybe lift it a little but not too much............it's a beautiful image as is and captured the atmosphere superbly. Should be on your wall IMO.

Back