Stanced BMW E36

I can't say these are doing a lot for me Adam, but I can't put my finger on why. I think the processing is a little cold/harsh, and in no 7 the car looks quite distorted to me (as well as the background being far too busy and the car too small in the frame). The biggest bugbear though is the horizons. I appreciate a couple of images look like they are supposed to be at an angle, which personally I don't like but appreciate it can work in the right place, but they're a bit neither here nor there, and as a result look a bit too much like sloppy horizons.

On the plus side they look razor sharp, and the car is gorgeous. I do like the last one picking out the details.

i must say i do like the photos the last one is my best.

but is that rear arch flakey ?

Martin, yes the rear arch is a bit battered, awaiting paint.

Paul, thanks for the honest opinions.
Im not one to usually do the slanted horizons but I just went with it today, maybe against my better judgement, but I do like them so far.
As for processing, yes they are a bit cold, that is the look I went for though as the light was terrible so I thought it would be the best action with them.

Thank you.

My favourite is #1 although it does need a tiny bit of straightening, but I'm wondering why you didn't do more at location of #7? It's great! Also, for #6, I'd rather see the bonnet as if it has been taken off than just a hole made in the middle.

However, your Body/Lens combo is spot on, maybe they don't quite stop down low enough though guessing by the not very blurred BGs?

My favourite is #1 although it does need a tiny bit of straightening, but I'm wondering why you didn't do more at location of #7? It's great! Also, for #6, I'd rather see the bonnet as if it has been taken off than just a hole made in the middle.

However, your Body/Lens combo is spot on, maybe they don't quite stop down low enough though guessing by the not very blurred BGs?

Thanks, yea I think it was at 2.8 on my 50mm for most of them

Thadam!!! long time no see! hope your ok mate.

I like these nice shots mate

Totally agree with what everyone else has said so far.

The standout pics for me are 9 and 10 :) Love the composition of number 9 and the railings make for a great backdrop, especially at that angle. I might be a bit biased in liking number 10 since I love shooting detail on cars! Those 4 shots are gorgeous though, and look even better grouped together.

Back