standing tall

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
brought exposure down and bumped saturation, opinions on this and the composition please

DSCF23191.jpg

Doesn't work for me. It looks like you slipped and the camera went off. sorry.

fair enough, why's that? composition? if so can you say more?

ta

I don't like the composition either, sorry.

The figure/statue in the bottom right should be more prominent and not look like it's about to fall out of the bottom of the photo. Ideally it should be positioned on a vertical third, probably through the upper and lower intersection of the vertical and horizontal thirds. This will give it sufficient prominence to make it clear what it is, give and idea of the scale of it, and allow it to be feature of the photo. Otherwise it's just a sky shot with something that looks like it was included by accident in the bottom cordner through poor composition.

I'm also not sure about having a sillhouette against a cloudy daytime sky - would be better against a sunset or sunrise or more interesting light.

The horses etc are heading left not upwards and as we naturally look in the direction the subject is headed the expanse of sky above is not part of the scene. If you scroll the page to lose most of that sky off the top of the screen it almost works in landscape format.... almost.

ah ok interesting points, cheers. as luck would have it Madrid is never cloudy for too long and i have a sunnier landscape orientation one somewhere...

more like this then? i know it's not the same angle and it's not a great shot but as a comparison for scale of image purposes

DSCF2435.jpg

ok ta, got a few more today in much better conditions-sunsets etc prob not an option with these statues but ill give it a shot another day.

any sites dedicated to this sort of urban landscape? or photographers? im sure there are but i havent come across any and im intrigued

Back