Stanley Ghyll

FFO

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I used the picnik thingy in flickr to resize to 800 (seems to have lost a bit of sharpness) click on image for larger version

This is a composite of 2 shots, as it was dark I took a longer shutter speed to get all the moss and rocks, this however caused the water to have blown highlights. I then took a shot with a faster shutter speed and then painted the water back into the original.

Terrific! You have done this justice. I was there last week myself and did not get anywhere near as good as this. Well done with the PP.

Thanks Donna I wanted something from there as I have the usual shot of the falls (I'm not entirely happy with it), and liked how it cascaded over the rocks.

2362104750_b88554c8c6_o.jpg

oh nice love the first one you have reall got it spot on, Ilike the next one too, whats wrong with it? looks ok to me.

Love the falls too. Have you had to PP out the foreground vegetation like I had to, because if you have, then you have made a better job of it than me. Not that my PP skills are anything to write home about anyway;)

Good shots, well done on that first one, good PP (y)

oh nice love the first one you have reall got it spot on, Ilike the next one too, whats wrong with it? looks ok to me.

Not keen on the blue cast to the photo

Love the falls too. Have you had to PP out the foreground vegetation like I had to, because if you have, then you have made a better job of it than me. Not that my PP skills are anything to write home about anyway;)

I put my tripod up as high as it would go, so high I couldn't look through it and guessed the composition. :)

Good shots, well done on that first one, good PP (y)

Cheers

That first one's great! I love really vivid green moss shots, and I love slow water, so this wins on all accounts! :)

I like the first one - I have tried to do this but haven't managed it so far - will keep trying!

Great shots (y)
The first is a terrifc and very nicely processed, it has lovely tones and colours.
The second reminded me that I've stumbled across Stanley Ghyll before after a drive over Wrynose and Hardknott pass. I completely forgot the name of the place so thanks for reminding me. Not an easy waterfall to shoot and I think you've done a great job.

Back