Star tracker help

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for help with my first star tracker to help with Milky Way shots. I have an R6 MK2 and my son has a NIkon ZFC so it must work with both as I’m not sure if they are universal as I’ve never used one. I don’t need a top spec unit but I also don’t want something that will need upgraded after 12 months.
Thanks

Looking for help with my first star tracker to help with Milky Way shots. I have an R6 MK2 and my son has a NIkon ZFC so it must work with both as I’m not sure if they are universal as I’ve never used one. I don’t need a top spec unit but I also don’t want something that will need upgraded after 12 months.
Thanks

If you just want relatively wide angle landscape Milky Way shots then you can't really go wrong with the Move Shoot Move for the price & size/weight.

Otherwise probably something like the Sky Watcher Star Adventurer if you think you might want to use longer focal length & heavier gear or shoot more deep sky objects.

If you just want relatively wide angle landscape Milky Way shots then you can't really go wrong with the Move Shoot Move for the price & size/weight.

Otherwise probably something like the Sky Watcher Star Adventurer if you think you might want to use longer focal length & heavier gear or shoot more deep sky objects.
Agree completely with this. I have the Move-shoot-move which does a fine job for milky-way wide angle stuff as well as some moderate telephoto targets like the Andromeda galaxy or the Orion Nebula. My son has a Sky Watcher pro which will take heavier kit and is more accurate for longer telephoto stuff but costs more (of course). Either will work fine with any camera system.

Back