Star Trails (4 revisit)

The technique is good and the processing is good. But I just feel that there's no subject or foreground - star trails make a good backdrop but they need something to hold the eye and attract the gaze. The windmill isn't given enough prominence in the frame in either shot, not enough foreground to stop it falling off the bottom of the frame and would really pop if given a bit more light to illuminate it.

A great location and good technique, but with plenty of room to improve the composition and produce an interesting image.

Is the tripod sturdy, there appears to be a shadow on the trees and mill and the trails aren't smooth.

It's a great trail though and I think the mill could be a good foreground object with the right angle. So long as we can tell it's a mill, I don't think you'd need all of it in the frame if you've tripod or lens limitations. Perhaps part of the mill and a sail or two. Even the star trails through the gaps in the sail may be good.

Good attempt although I have to agree with Al. It is hard to find some locations that fit the bill, especially if you're trying to avoid that nasty light pollution from nearby towns. I'm looking to get out to Kielder Water in Northumberland. It's one of the darkest places in the UK and with plenty of forest too I'm sure I can find the perfect location for my first attempt :)

Back