star trails and milky ways

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Some shots from a couple of recent nights out in May.

Constructive C&C welcome.

Thanks

Alan

I've wanted to try star trails looking east to the celestial equator for a while, this was a week before the last full moon. I have a personal project now to try a star trails panorama from the north to south!

Besh Barmag trails by Alan, on Flickr

This next set I was really pleased with, and then gutted to discover my camera was set to jpg:(. I had had it in for repair during the previous week and foolishly not checked it before shooting. At least they were maximum size jpg's and don't look too bad.

A 10 shot panorama over the mountain Besh Barmag, the light pollution glow is Baku about 120km away. In the background you can make out the caspian sea.

milky way over besh barmag by Alan, on Flickr

The surrounding area is littered with these lone trees, great fun to lay with, but i spent the whole time terrified and scanning the ground for snakes.

IMG_8164-Edit by Alan, on Flickr

IMG_8186-Edit by Alan, on Flickr

I love this fishermans hut on the caspian. If you look closely you can see the forklift holding up the entry bridge! The light pollution from Baku is epic, but I wanted to try the arch panorama, I was hoping the lack of clouds and clear skies would minimise the glow effect, it did a little but it's still massive and blows out the core looking south. I still like this as a different take on this hut.

shuraabad arch by Alan, on Flickr

Excellent, keep them coming :)

Back