Star Trails - Camera Lag

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Having a problem when taking star trail images and thought it might be down to my technique, but maybe you guys could confirm?

I just put the camera into continuous shooting mode using my cable release and set the camera to take 30 sec exposures. It seems to get into the 30-45min mark and the camera stops taking pictures? Almost like it's trying to catch up? Am I doing something stupidly wrong?

I find my remote release an absolute pain to use which is why I shoot in the way mentioned above.

Thanks

Ian

What camera is it? You really shouldn't have any issues with memory lag, as its only ever writing one image to the card at any one time...however I seem to remember that some consumer nikons have the issue that they don't start writing to the card until the shutter is released...

What camera is it? You really shouldn't have any issues with memory lag, as its only ever writing one image to the card at any one time...however I seem to remember that some consumer nikons have the issue that they don't start writing to the card until the shutter is released...

It's a Nikon D90.

Back