Critique Starpoint Lighthouse

Edit My Images
Yes
Early morning start. Wrong time of year for the shot I wanted but I'm on holiday and don't have the luxury of coming back at the right time of year.

Play nice :)

Start Point Lighthouse1.JPG

Start Point lighthouse Portrait.JPG

Prefer the aspect of #1 but it looks a bit odd with the lighthouse leaning to the right.

I did notice that but don't know how to correct as if I adjusted for the lighthouse I would have had the horizon out of line ?

Your horizon line in both shots is actually curved, which will be a function of the lens. This may be also what is giving the impression of the leaning lighthouse. If you have pp software that has a lens correction feature you should be able to sort it. If it was just the lighthouse then keystoning (it's called perspective correction in my s/w but may be different in others) would be your answer. I'm only looking on my laptop but the first has the makings of a really nice shot.
BTW is it 'Star Point' or 'Start Point'?

I did notice that but don't know how to correct as if I adjusted for the lighthouse I would have had the horizon out of line ?
Using the Lens Correction filter in Photoshop ... not perfect but quick adjustment. :)

Start-Point-Lighthouse1.jpg

I used the lens correction in lightroom but clearly it's not done a very good job :) I only made a few minor adjustments in Photoshop. The later picture seems much better since the straightening. Cheers

Your horizon line in both shots is actually curved, which will be a function of the lens. This may be also what is giving the impression of the leaning lighthouse. If you have pp software that has a lens correction feature you should be able to sort it. If it was just the lighthouse then keystoning (it's called perspective correction in my s/w but may be different in others) would be your answer. I'm only looking on my laptop but the first has the makings of a really nice shot.
BTW is it 'Star Point' or 'Start Point'?

Start point sorry :)

Back