Starry Starry Night - crop added

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
well, ok, it's one star, and the clouds are covering the sky.... Raynox DCR250 on the Nifty 250

IMG_1598.jpg

Thanks for looking C&C please

Last edited:
My browser is running a bit slow and I was sat here wondering how the heck you used a raynox to take pictures of the sky whilst the photo appeared:D:D

Now I know:LOL:. The little bit of yellow edging on the rhs is a bit distracting,otherwise its fine. Just how big is that star really?

:D..Thanks Karin. The star is about 1cm across (at 154mm I'm getting about 1.5x magnification is that 1.5:1 ?) I didn't notice the curve of the moon across that lower right corner... Consider it fixed :D..

IMG_15981.jpg

Hi John
Not sure what this shot is about or even what it is! :thinking: Doesn't do much for me tbh:) Hope you don't mind but I think that's one for the delete button :shake:

I don't mind at all Steve, thanks for commenting.

I must say I agree to an extent with Steve. Technically its pretty good, nice and sharp, no major highlights etc, but it doesnt really do much for me.

What is it? Something like a bauble? If so, personally I'd take a step back and put some context into it, maybe have the bauble to one side and then a nice bokeh-ed background, because to be honest at the moment it just seems pretty "face-up"- theres the star on a green background but it isnt really telling me much nor does it hold my interest at all. Sorry if I sound at all harsh, just my opinion ofcourse. :)

Hope it helps,

Jeff.

Thanks for taking the time Jeff, I see what you're saying. I'll see what I can do for context, it's not a bauble and there's no way to hang it

Back