Stars, Cars and a Explosion

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Last week I went up to a local location to in the hope of getting some stars with a little bit of light trail, truth be told I wanted to try for a little bit of trail with the milky way in frame but I couldn't do it from my angle and the visibility of the MW was quite minimal that night too :(

But I did get a quite nice star scape with car trails, and the added bonus of a little firework being set off also :D

310/366 (675) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

As with all my photo's comments and critique are welcomed and appreciated (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Shame about the MW but a good effort anyways. Great sky and trails although I would be a bit nervous of being that close to the road in the dark myself!

Shame about the MW but a good effort anyways. Great sky and trails although I would be a bit nervous of being that close to the road in the dark myself!

Thanks Nick, I was actually positioned at the back of my car for safety that said it's a very steep hill so on the up drive you don't go up very quick anyway ;)

At the next opportunity I get I will go back and I will get the MW (y)

Matt

Hi Matt good to see your out and about again. brilliant shot as always.i have been thinking along the same lines recently (milky way and light trails less the fireworks I'm not that lucky) I have a location in mind the only problem is the road is to quiet. so I am thinking of getting a remote trigger and setting it off as I approach in the car do you think this would work?
This is the location what do you think not far from burton dasset

Road Tree Field by ben_wtrs79, on Flickr
I am yet to get up there on a clear night though and see what the light polution is like.

Anyway good to see you back at it I always look forward to seeing your shots

Ben

Last edited:
Jesus just saw the date of the thread don't know where I dug that up from!!!!!!

Jesus just saw the date of the thread don't know where I dug that up from!!!!!!

And me mate...I'm on the app so didn't even see that it was my own thread I was intrigued by the title as it sounded interesting :cautious: got to say that looks like a decent location for a little bit of night photography :D

Back