Stay with the 7Dii or swap for the EOSm 6ii..?

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Dilemma..

Should I swap over to the M6 mark ii..?

I do a mix of Trackday photography and general, Kids/Family Holidays ect

The specs look inviting, I'd have to get a EVF though..

I would check how the AF performance is first, personally I would wait for the m5mkll if you want a replacement for the 7dmkll. What is wrong with the 7d?

Wait for the M5 MKII if you want a permanent EVF.

Yes the M5 MKII looks like it might be the one to go for if the 7D line has been dropped.

I'm not in a hurry to upgrade so will probably wait till next year and see what is released and what the reviews say.

I am a 7Dii owner as of last when I replaced my 7D purchased from new. As the 7Diii has been dropped I do see any of M model of cameras as a replacement. The AF is just not quick enough and M6 mki or ii not having a evf the focusing via live view will be challenging to say the least.
The the M range use M lenses which means a sell EF mount and buy M or get the adapter.
As I own a sony NEX5R and have fee e mount lenses I have borrowed a friends sony A6500 using a sigma mc-11 adapter to mount my canon ef glass to the A6500.
IMO the IQ is better using the A6500 than my 7Dii. Because 20.4mp 1v 24mp, no AA and low pass filter on the A6500, better sensor and processor give a much better IQ IMO.

For me I will not be buying any canon mirrorless camera instead I be waiting for the successor to the Sony A6500.

Back