Steam at Grosmont

The over processing spoils them for me,Nigel,they dont look very natural to me.

Just had a look on flikr acc ,I see you love HDR .Each to there own,but you are spoiling some lovely shots imho.

Last edited:
Sorry but can only agree with the comments already made on these.

Last edited:
Whilst I can agree that #2 is OTT I think that #1 is superb - the steam and peripheral softness enhances the 'mystery' that is a beautiful steam train :clap:

Thanks for the comments. I accept that the second is a little overcooked, but the original shot wasn't the best as it was taken into the sun. As for my 'love' of HDR, I do like the technique, but I do try and mix things up by using other photography styles. Life's too short to get stuck in a rut ;)

Thanks for the comments. I accept that the second is a little overcooked, but the original shot wasn't the best as it was taken into the sun. As for my 'love' of HDR, I do like the technique, but I do try and mix things up by using other photography styles. Life's too short to get stuck in a rut ;)

Well I dont think it's being stuck in a rut,and I guess HDR is something that folks like or dislike.
I think modern DSLRs give us so much more advantages that there is no need for it,but each to there own.Thanks for posting.

Pons

Processing is probably a bit over the top, first one I can't help thinking there's just too much steam on the bottom right (not sure if you added this or not) - just obscures the front details. Think the compositions are strong though, and great subject of a very purposeful looking engine.

Back