Steam train specials timings??

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking to find a website which lists departure times for steam train specials.

It appears the Flying Scotsman is coming through where I live on Saturday and I'd like to go see it. All I can find something far is departure time from Norwich and arrival time in London Kings Cross.

Looking to find a website which lists departure times for steam train specials.

It appears the Flying Scotsman is coming through where I live on Saturday and I'd like to go see it. All I can find something far is departure time from Norwich and arrival time in London Kings Cross.

Here you go
Website is www.uksteam.info
Screenshot_2017-11-07-07-03-10.png

Good site that, but subject to delays beyond their control for timings.
They used to have a system whereby you could get text updates of exact progress. This relied on the anoraks on the train passing location data to some central control, who then passed it on to those who had subscribed.
Two problems in this were that they had to have volunteers on the train to relay the data backwards, and you had to have subscribed in advance to get the alerts. I put £10 into the system but didn't get much for my money and then the system disappeared taking my money with it.
Maybe if you trawl the links from that website, and there is a forum as well, you can find some more updated means of monitoring progress. It's not unknown for steam train specials to be running an hour or more late - never early!

Use this site. On Sat morning you can go to this site and follow th trains progress to see if it gets delayed ect. The Train is the fourth STP (left column) down click on the headcode 1Z60 and you can see if the train is on time as it's progress will be shown.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/NRW/2017/11/11/0600-2000?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Here are the timings.

1Z60.http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/U55160/2017/11/11/advanced

This is the website I was looking for had been sent a link before when Tornado was coming through. Cheers. Have found the later departure which goes to Kings cross on there. Hopefully it won't run too late if not it'll be dark when it comes through.

Back