Steel wonder

S

stupar

Normally when I shoot the Forth Bridge its wide angle or panoramic. Yesterday though I decided to shoot at the longer end of the lens (55mm) and get a more compressed view of this magnificent piece of 19th century engineering.
Weather could have been better but mother nature allowed the odd pocket of light to burst through on to the bridge.

As always thanks for looking and feel free to leave comments of any nature!

Steel wonder by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Very different from what I normally see, like that a lot

It's a beautiful piece of engineering, whatever angle it's viewed from, it seems.
I aim to see it myself one day.

Really like this, the wider shots showing the span of the bridge tend to make it look more fragile than it is, this gives a bit more structural context and shows the strength of it's stance.

It's a beautiful piece of engineering, whatever angle it's viewed from, it seems.
I aim to see it myself one day.

Thanks folks for the comments.
It is something i would recommend everyone to come and see (y)

That's an interesting perspective, not what you usually see. I'd be tempted to crop some off both sides (particularly the left) to throw more emphasis onto the bridge itself.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I agree there could be more emphasis on just the three spans. I will dig out the original RAW file and see if I can crop it but maintain the 16:9 ratio (i do like my 16:9 for landscapes)

I'd like to see this from 300m or so to your left, whilst maintaining the thirds but not necessarily drawing the focus to only the steel spans. I am just dying to see more emphasis of the negative space between the steelwork, it is geometrically superb. The weather...nightmare...but this is a fine image. Well conceived and executed!

Back