Steel Works

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Went on my first photography course today and this was one of the pics I really liked:

Blast Furnace by Mikeynose86, on Flickr

Any tips/advice is most welcome!

thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I like that i would remove the light mind, but the tones are all very good

Great shot, I too would remove the light, draws the eye towards it.

I like this its kind of moody and set the scene for what the subject is.
Have you tried to take out the lamp post?? might be worth a go and see what it looks like without. it does not seem in keeping with the pic some how

spike

Wow thanks for all the kind words!

I will attempt to clone out the lamp but Iv only had the camera 2 months so not really had much practice with cloning :)

Cheers! :D

A very powerful shot, great location and great composition. I tend to agree about the light. The. I love the colours and tone and the overall industrial feel of the image. It would make a great cover for a dystopian novel!

Nice atmospheric shot. It's a bit centrally composed for me though I would be tempted to crop 10% off the RH end.

No not at all!

Im still going to give it a go myself though or I will never learn :LOL:

I would do that, its so easy to do. I have feared away from it for that last couple of years because I could never get it right, but then it just clicked (pardon the pun) as to what I had to do.

good luck, post up when you have had a go.

spike

P.s I think there are tutorials around this forum somewhere on photoshop, do a search

pps I still love the pic, still moody

Excellent pic, tones just right and great composition. I agree about the light too, much better removed.

Love the way the shape of the foreground structures is replicated in the shape of the steel works. Better without light as others have said. Great shot

Thanks for the kind words :)

After staring at the side by side I do agree it looks a lot better without the lightpole.

Thanks again!

leave it as it is. back away from the computer with your hands in your pockets its perfect as it is well done.

leave it as it is. back away from the computer with your hands in your pockets its perfect as it is well done.

:agree: ....what he said :)

Back