weekly Steve E's 2012 52- Sweet added +B/W

riu

Name
steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 1 : Direction
Week 2 : Fear http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4310014&postcount=8
Week 3 : Sigh http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4334721&postcount=38
Week 4 : Sweet "Chilli and Garlic" http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4375339&postcount=64
Week 5 :
Week 6 :
Week 7 :
Week 8 :
Week 9 :
Week 10 :
Week 11 :
Week 12 :
Week 13 :
Week 14 :
Week 15 :
Week 16 :
Week 17 :
Week18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

Finally got started, had to change my direction on this weeks theme due to the weather.
Certainly it shows direction, but not the right direction anyone should go

The wrong direction by steve/e, on Flickr

Last edited:
(y) Great interpretation.

A fellow Monopoly based shot :D I like it. I was thinking of using the Go To Jail square but I couldn't do it to poor old R2 after all he has done for the Alliance!

Good luck with your project.

My take on the "Fear" theme.

In todays society there is real pressure for people to succeed, how many stories do we hear and read about people taking their own lives because society as deemed them failures. School children fear failing of exams, people whose marriages have failed all fear the stigma of being classed as failures.

fear1 by steve/e, on Flickr

Reshoot

fear2 by steve/e, on Flickr

Last edited:
week 1 ,direction ,great idea ,nice dof like the image

week 2 ,fear ,again great use of dof and a thought provoking image one thing i would have personally tried was to focus on one the writing on one of the tablets just throwing the bottle out slightly just my personal thought ,good image and look farward to seeing what come's next

week 1 ,direction ,great idea ,nice dof like the image

week 2 ,fear ,again great use of dof and a thought provoking image one thing i would have personally tried was to focus on one the writing on one of the tablets just throwing the bottle out slightly just my personal thought ,good image and look farward to seeing what come's next

Thanks Andy, agree with your comments about the focus, will have another bash when i've finished the bottle off. (be rude not to now its opened)

Thanks Andy, agree with your comments about the focus, will have another bash when i've finished the bottle off. (be rude not to now its opened)

hope that is the glass bottle not the plastic one :D

This is a powerful image and well done but I agree with Andybod the focus needs to be on the pills not the bottle.

I haven't even thought waht shot I'm going to take this week !!

I really like this but I agree with the change of focus suggestions :clap:

two good interpretations, also agree about the focus on the second image.
Keep up the good work (y)

Nice shots, I've subscribed to your 52.

Direction- good simple image, balanced colours.
Fear- really like your concept, taking a random word theme and using it to make a social observation deserves credit.

Also if you right click on the post number top right (e.g. this is post #19) copy shortcut and add it to your weekly list. It makes viewing images alot easier, especially when you get further on in the 52.

Last edited:
certainly something to think about from that one... Focus point as already mentioned though.

Like the idea though.

Steve

Many thanks for the feedback, i have taken on board the focus and dof, i will reshoot this later in the week and post. To be honest although i have had the camera for a while, this is the first time i have really dabbled with dof and the last two weeks have learnt me so much.

Once again many thanks

Hi, Steve, #1 is on theme, but a bit close for me.

Fear works well in B&W and really captures the sense of fear felt when the gap between where people are expected to be and where they are or where they can get.

Cheers and good luck.

Don't forget to update here (y)

Nice take on the theme, reminds me of my week 1 picture. Great minds think alike :)

Good work Steve, so far so good :)

Nicely done on both themes, i think the b/w works well for fear but would also have liked to see more focus on the pills, maybe try shooting from a slightly higher angle

Missed your week 1, its a winner for me. Good take.

Like #2, another good B&W one and a modern fear which is everywhere.

Cheers Alex, did n't realise there were so many from the Wakefield area on here. (y)

Hi only just got round to lookin at your thread.

Direction - love the use of the monopoly board great shot. (y)

Fear - a very thought provoking take on the theme. I think I like the first shot better personally. Good job.

A very dark subject Steve, I think your interpretation is very good and works well in monochrome. I don't think colour would have been so impactive.

Look forward to your interoperation of next week's subject.

Nick

HI Steve....'pologies for taking sooo long to find your thread :crying:

Direction.....like it lots ....great DOF...nice n sharp where it should be & right on theme...nice idea :clap:

Fear.....

having looked at all 3 images ( several times) I think it's 1# for me....like the mono ,very powerful image...great thinking behind the shot as well (y)

Look forward to seeing the rest of your project mister (y)

This as been a real struggle and i can sigh with relief i've come up with something.

Candid shot from a distance, bumped iso upto 800 to get the shot. The bearded chap gave a sigh of relief when he realised he had n't drawn the worst stand on the shoot. Not sure whether it is smoke or his cold breath he exhaled, but i think it captures "Sigh"

sigh by steve/e, on Flickr

Mono version.

Sigh by steve/e, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back