weekly SteveH40 - 2012 - 52 Week Challenge - Week 2 -Fear - Added

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Oooo this all seem's quite daunting now :)

Hey, if it turns out a bit pap, I will have had fun trying :)

Enjoy.

Week 1 : Direction - http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4294642&postcount=4
Week 2 : Fear - http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4331365&postcount=13
Week 3 :
Week 4 :
Week 5 :
Week 6 :
Week 7 :
Week 8 :
Week 9 :
Week 10 :
Week 11 :
Week 12 :
Week 13 :
Week 14 :
Week 15 :
Week 16 :
Week 17 :
Week18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

Last edited:
OK, been struggling with the first challenge, all the obvious direction themes already covered so have decided on this

JDH direction by SteveH40, on Flickr

Wanted to get something on the board, hopefully the next topic will trigger some imaginative thinking :)

C&C as always folks, would have liked his eyes a bit sharper and less clutter behind the shot.

would have liked his eyes a bit sharper and less clutter behind the shot.

It works for the theme but I think you are right, it is a bit soft ... still 1 down 51 to go :D

Nice start. Focus has been mentioned and I actually like how the finger is almost pushing out if the frame.

A crop from the right and bottom might be an option.

Cheers.

Thanks for input folks, will be having a mess around with this image over the weekend to try and sharpen it up a bit and a bit more cropping. Might try a B&W conversion too. Will see what time I have as will be messing around with a Nikon P7100 over the weekend also.

Hi Steve....great start to your project...welcome aboard :)

You've pretty much crit'd your self...like Andy's thoughts on the crop so just a (y) from me

Best of luck with the next 51 weeks

ps...please remember to fill in the spreadsheet if you don't mind...makes it far simpler to track who's where & done what....the link is in the the 1st post of the thread where the new themes are posted...I've updated wk 1 for you :)

Last edited:
Going to try and get week 2 up today / tomorrow, been a b'stard of a week at work and not had time.

Week 2 - Fear -

p7100 009 by SteveH40, on Flickr

Taken using a Nikon P7100 and a homemade light box using 3 PL 18w Flo Spotlights as lighting.

Thanks all, week 3 is a different kettle of fish though, cannot think of anything out of the ordinary just yet, so hard to do *sigh*

Direction : A great idea, and I like it. Agree on the less clutter, and I wonder if a little more room on the left wouldn't help.

Fear : Clever and funny. A great idea to use a Kitchen Devil also.

As for ideas being taken, the best bet is to not look at anyone elses threads until your image is done. That way, you can't be influenced in that way. There's nothing wrong with you taking a shot for the theme that's very similar to someone elses, after all this is your project.

Back