Stiff stock HP8750

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all, I'm a newby to the forum and this is my first post.

I want to print onto glossy photo paper but I'm looking to hang the prints from the ceiling so I need to use a thick stock paper.

Question 1/ Does anyone know of a quality photo card that won't bend or crease easily. I have a HP 8750 A3+ printer and want to print to the max size and thickness.

Question 2/ The printer will accept stiff stock through the back of the printer. The printer manual talks in a language I don't understand, it suggests that the maximum thickness to use is 292um (11.5 mil). Now thats definately not 11.5 mm because the slot isn't big enough to take that. Anyone ever used one of these printers for this kind of job?

I'd guess 292um is 292 micrometers which is 0.292mm. Can't help with the rest :)

Welcome to the forums.

Well that's a start. At least I know how thick I can go now. Wonder if I can print on plasticard? Hmmmm.

Maybe not!

welcome!

can you mount to card?

Ooooer, I tried mounting to MDF once and ended up with more spray glue on the photo and my hands than I did on the board. I find it too messy and time consuming. I'm considering taking some pics to a printer.

I have found since I posted the thread that Ilford do a 275 micron paper in A3+ so I might try that if nobody comes up with any better ideas.

Thanks for you reply.

Oh and 0.292 mm = 11.5 thou (sandths of an inch) which explains another of your numbers :)

Back